Friday, May 19, 2006

The full moon is rising

Kathleen has lost 50% of her hair in the past week. By the time I arrive, all of it is likely to have fallen out.

My assistant, Diana shared with me a song by India.Arie titled, "I Am Not My Hair". What I loved about it is the reference in Verse 3 as she artfully describes the effects of breast cancer and chemotherapy. She writes:

[Verse 3]

Breast Cancer and Chemotherapy
Took away her crown and glory
She promised God if she was to survive
She would enjoy everyday of her life oooh
On national television
Her diamond eyes are sparkling
Bald headed like a full moon shining
Singing out to the whole wide word like Hey....

[Chorus]

I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am not your expectations no no
I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am a soul that lives within.



I shared this with Kathleen and she loved it. Her shiny full moon is rising and her eyes will sparkle even more like the stars.

love and blessings xp