Thursday, May 11, 2006
















Let the light in

I spoke to Kathleen late last night after she met with her oncologist. She starts chemo today. Wow, so soon, I thought. Yet this is the moment Kathleen has been preparing for and thank God she's healed enougth to embark on this important phase in this journey. It's one step closer to complete recovery.

She's mentally and emotionally prepared. She's taking with her a treasure chest of items that will support her and comfort her during the 4 hour process. Photos of her family, scriptures from the Bible, Peace and calming aromatherapy oil, her favorite music and a Bouncing for Boobs flyer.

i was so pleased she was ready for this moment. However, I had mixed feelings and needed to manage my own expectations of being there. The plan was to be with her for the first appointment, but we obviously didn't know it would be so soon. I went to bed asking myself what awakening message I am to know for Thursday, in order to find peace within. And most importantly, a message that will help her throughout the day.

Morning eyes opened. With my cat, Max sleeping soundly beside me, I could hear birds singing. I layed there quietly waiting for the message to come through like a letter through a post box. Nothing was delivered.

So after a few minutes, I got up out of bed and flung open the curtains and said to Max (who was now awake and performing his morning yoga routine), "It's time to let the light in".

That was it and it resonated within. I asked myself, "How can you let the light in your heart?".
A sense of peace ran over me like a light warm summer rain.

Life is as beautiful as we choose to see it; I just had to let the light in.

with love and blessings x