Friday, May 05, 2006

Bosom Buddy and the Boob Tube

Today was Kathleen's follow-up appointment since her surgeon removed the majority of the breast a week ago. I howled with laughter when she told me the doctor had no choice but to remove her drainage tube. Rather than updating you myself - here is her amusing anecdote, health UPdate and continued praise to all that are there for her...

"Finally some good news! Saw Dr M today and he said things look better than he though it would. He was very encouraged of my stage in healing for the first time... No signs of infection so, I am officially off of anti-biotics! It has been nearly 4 months that I have been taking them. Ugh. Now I can build my system up. Yeah.....

Dr. M took the drain tube out.... uh huh oh yah.... He had to anyway because Buddy, my hamster, bit the tube when I was holding him on my lap, yesterday.... Hahahahah... he bit the boob tub! Okay I thought this was funny.

I have entered the next phase... I have the go ahead from Dr M to get the ball rolling for Chemo. I have a heart scan and lung xray prior to the start. We're looking with in 2 weeks, I believe. Priscilla, my youngest sister will be coming in from Europe (lives in London) for 2 weeks to help me out during the initial start up. It will be a blessing to have her here. She is a natural cheerleader as her occupation reflect this... Life Coaching and Fashon Stylist. Therefore, I will not only have my own personal cheering squad but what better timing to also get a make over! She will come in handy during those 'I don't care what I look like days'... Ha ..... You all won't believe this one.... I bought a RED wig as I will wear it and alternate that with perhaps a BLOND or BLACK one...(still deciding). That's what she will do best... help me have fun with this.

Mom has been a trouper. Picking up the slack on a continued basis has been draining... I can't thank her enough for her DAILY support, and loving care.... running errands, wound care, playing taxi cab driver to her grandchildren and especially taking me across state to Moffitt on an almost weekly basis. But, she will not be putting her taxi hat away anytime soon....She will be driving me for my Chemo appointments that will be about 20 min away in Merritt Island, every 3 weeks.

Well, this is the update... There is always more to say...including, I am feeling so much better and stronger. -----You all have been wonderful to me with your cards, emails and calls... thanks.. they mean very much to me.

Okay...... As Bud Lightyear would say..... "Onward and Upward to infinity and beyond......."

Love to you all, Kathleen