Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Discovering the art of balance

I support people to be true to themselves and authentic in who they are and what they do in all situations. I practice this myself.

I have rewritten this entry many times in my head and I'm grateful to finally share with you. I didn't quite know how to word it or how to tell you. I had to manage my own expectations and emotions.

Last week, I reached the tipping point of emotional and physical imbalance. The rash that broke out on my chest, neck and back was likely as a result that I had over extended myself emotionally and physically in recent weeks. I had given so much to others, that I hadn't looked after myself as well as I thought.

In order to find my balance again, I needed to cleanse, engage in lower level activities to support my structure. Thus, I had to hang up the bouncing for a few days. I am pleased to say that I'm now back on the trampoline again.

This was a humbling experience for me. I thought, I of all people, practiced the art of balance. After all, it's a subject I help others on. But in order to teach others, I must be a practioner myself. I was grateful for the learning and the opportunity to finally get what it was that I hadn't gotten yet: the essentials to creating the art of balance. To be connected to everything and attached to nothing.

How do I do this?

  1. Surrounding myself with a healing environment - even more so during the times when serving others in need.
  2. Being gentle and loving with myself at all times.
  3. Using aromatherapy oils, gemstones and crystals to aid in the balance and regeneration of energy.
  4. Consistently, eat and drink in a way that revitalises me.
  5. To rest properly.
  6. Deep breathing exercises and stretching.
  7. To care for myself as if I were my very own child.

With adding extra bounces each day and counting Christoph's numbers, I'm happy to say we will make our 1 million bounce target on the 3rd June - day 100.

The beauty of this personal campaign is that it has evolved into a massive team spirit. Kathleen, Halina, Colleen, Christina, Christoph, everyone who has contributed in the form of prayers, well wishes, donations, bouncing and readers of this blog are all a part of our team.

With such a quality team around me, I knew I could be true to myself, take time for myself and to be honest with you. A million thanks to you.

love and blessings xp