Thursday, May 18, 2006

How the wrong way can really be the right way

I had an appointment with my massage therapist tonight. It was the first time I went to her studio so I checked the map before the journey to ensure I knew the quickest and most direct route.

She was located on a long winding road on a hill and I didn't know if it was towards the bottom end or the top end. I made the decision to enter at the bottom and soon realised that it was the wrong end by looking at the house numbers.

I became somewhat stressed and annoyed as I was already running a few minutes behind schedule. As I drove along, I even began to question myself whether or not I was going the right way. I could not longer see the numbers on the buildings or street signs. Was I lost?

As I climbed the hill, I soon noticed the biggest, most incredible rainbow I'd ever seen. The colours were so rich and deep - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. I was so captivated by it, I followed it up the hill like a kid following coloured balloons in the sky. Climbing higher and higher, I became closer and closer to the end of the rainbow.

Then reality hit me and I remembered my appointment. I refocused on finding the building and to my delight, I was just in front of it. Any stress was replaced by a sense of calm, joy and confidence that I was in the right place all along.

When Julia answered the door, I told her about the rainbow and she came out to witness this awesome sight for herself. But when we looked into the sky, the clouds had come in and the rich and vibrant colours were fading away.

It dawned on me that sometimes the magic in life we witness is intended for our eyes only. These moments represent life learnings worth more than a pot of gold. My golden lesson was that it is essential for me to trust that where I am at all times is where I need to be. There are no wrong ways. There are no ordinary moments.

What was even more significant about this experience is that I intended to share the healing properties of colours with Kathleen and all of you. Coincidentally, they are the colours of the rainbow. May you find healing in the colours of your rainbows...

RED represents VITALITY, COURAGE, SELF CONFIDENCE. It is used in photodynamic therapy to erradicate cancer. Red is a warm color that promotes healing. It will warm cold areas to reduce pain and releave stiffness. Red stimulates circulation of blood and flow of adrenaline. Persons with high blood pressure should use with caution. Red energy governs the ROOT CHAKRA.

ORANGE represents CHEERFULNESS, CONFIDENCE, RESOURCEFULNESS also a color of energy. Orange helps stimulate mental enlightenment. It is used to increase immunity, sexual potency and aid digestive ailments. Stimulates digestion. Orange can be used to help heal conditions of the kidney, bladder and lungs . Orange governs the SPLEEN CHAKRA.

YELLOW represents WISDOM, CLARITY, SELF-ESTEEM mentally stimulating. It strengthens the nervous system. Helps cure dermatitis and other skin problems. Yellow can be used for conditions of the stomach, liver, and intestines. Yellow governs the SOLAR PLEXIS CHAKRA.

GREEN represents BALANCE, LOVE, SELF CONTROL promotes calmness. Green is a good general healing color because it stimulates growth. The ancient Egyptians and Chinese used green as the primary color of healing. A good color to help create an atmosphere of serenity. Green governs the HEART CHAKRA.

BLUE represents KNOWLEDGE, HEALTH, DECISIVENESS, serenity and harmony. Blue is helpful in cooling, calming, reconstructing and protecting. It is very good for burns. Solarized blue water is an excellent tonic for laryngitis or inflammation of the larynx. Blue governs the THROAT CHAKRA.

INDIGO represents INTUITION, MYSTICISM, UNDERSTANDING Indigo is used for conditions of the ears, nose and eyes and has anesthetic properties. Indigo is cool, electric, and astringent. Indigo governs the BROW CHAKRA.

VIOLET represents BEAUTY, CREATIVITY, INSPIRATION, expands divine understanding It is good for mental and nervous problems. Helps with pain, is used in deep tissue work and helps heal the bones. Violet governs the CROWN CHAKRA.

(source for image and healing properties: Jan LeComte)

with love and blessings...xp