Wednesday, April 26, 2006

FAQ's

Since the campaign began, we've been asked loads of great questions. I've included the most popular ones for you today. If you would like any others answered, please email us at bounce@bouncingforbreastcancer.org.

Do you really bounce 10,000 time daily?

Yes, we average 10,000 daily bounces and we use a pedometer to keep count. Some days, like the Bunny Bounce, I did 20,000 so I can have a day off. When I was too ill to bounce in New Delhi, my husband bounced on my behalf and I made up the numbers when I was fit again. The strength of this campaign is to do what it takes to hit the goal of 1 million bounces during 100 days. I've learned that the greater emotional and behavioral flexibility one lives, the greater the success.

How long does it take to bounce 10,000 times?

Average time: 1.5 hours

Where does bouncing in front of the landmarks come in?

When I kicked off this campaign, I knew the travel and work abroad commitments that I had in the coming months. Before my trip to India, I said to Kathleen, "I will bounce every day until I raise this $10,000. This is my commitment to you. I will bounce in my hotel room and heck, I'll even bounce in front of the Taj Mahal." And then it started. In each city along my travels, I decided that would bounce in front of a famous landmark and photograph it for Kathleen. As she has not travelled abroad (yet), this is a way to show her and my neices the world.

I have a trampoline at home - can I join in to help your sister and bounce for your campaign?

Absolutely. Anyone interested in joining our FUNdraising team should email me at bounce@bouncingforbreastcancer.org or telephone on 0845- 899 -1276.