Saturday, March 18, 2006

BACK TO BOUNCING

hurrah, feeling much better and happy to be one with the trampoline again.

We embark tomorrow morning on our passage through India. With trampoline in tow, we'll visit Jaiphur and Agra. Now that our work has been completed in New Delhi, we are very excited to experience other places in this country. I have never seen a place of such vast extremes; where the richest and poorest live side by side. 80% of the population lives in corregated steel shacks, under tarpoline, in grass/mud huts or makeshift abodes. Some aren't as lucky as that. Some of the wealthiest people in the world live amongst the .01% first caste in India. For religious, socio-political, or economic reasons, everything has it's place here. And it's purpose. Driving cross country from city to city, should give us a taster of the true essence of life here.

This trip is a dream come true for me, for a few reasons - one being my goal to bounce on my trampoline for Kathleen in front of the Taj Mahal. In the context of everything - especially with my sister being in the hospital at present -I find it funny schlepping some random object - a trampoline -around this country. It's a very surreal time. There are so many people who are curious to know what exactly it is. An even more countless number that could even fathom that such a thing exists.

Whilst I have mixed feelings being away from Kathleen and my family, I am encouraged to live my experience fully here in honour of them.

Namaste !
(It means something like to pay homage to the inner light in all living things)