Friday, March 10, 2006


Due to popular demand for my Bouncing for Boobs campaign, I have a blog – hurrah! Whilst this has been a personal campaign, I am now extending my efforts to support other Breast Cancer organisations. My goal is to run a worldwide campaign to raise over $1 million in each country that we tour.

This is a story of an extraordinary woman who has touched my life deeply and the lives of many others through her generosity of spirit and love for life. From a young age, she has devoted her life to helping those who needed it most – fostering children, helping feed the homeless, working with the elderly, providing hospice for sick/stray animals, offering endless support & counsel through her church, actively participating in outreach ministries, and raising money for numerous local, national and international charities. She has generously invested countless hours on others, despite her own needs in times of trouble with serious health and life challenges. Even when all odds were against her in bearing children after having more than 3 miscarriages, God has blessed her with two beautiful daughters, Colleen and Christina. As a single mother, she has become a role model as she has done a magnificent job of raising her two daughters, ages 13 and 8 respectively. How, might you ask? By living the experience she wants others to have through love and selfless service. As a result, she and her kids are abundant in love, faith, and gratitude.

This special woman is my sister, Kathleen. She is 10 years older than I and has always been an incredible inspiration to me. Even now, when she is faced with her biggest life challenge, I am in awe of the positive mindset, brave-heart and strong faith she possesses. I love her dearly.

Kathleen has breast cancer and will undergo surgery for a mastectomy on Monday 13th March. She will be out of work for at least three months during her chemotherapy and her primary concern is that she covers the minimal living costs - mortgage, household expenses and food.

This is an appeal from my heart to the world community to make a difference to Kathleen’s life – to be a mirror reflection of her contribution over the years. Though you may not have experienced her love and light personally, you may have a sister, a mother, a partner or someone who has fallen ill, and maybe even died of breast cancer. Perhaps even a stranger has done something nice for you in a time of need and you’re now looking for that opportunity to pay it forward to someone else. Now here is your chance.

I am committed to raise US $10,000 to help support Kathleen and her daughters during their time of need and I welcome your support. As such, I will bounce 10,000 times daily on my trampoline until I raise the total amount. So far, I’ve raised $3500. If you want more information on how to help, contact me at info@bokhara.co.uk.

x priscilla


(The photo was taken of us Oct 2005 - 2 months before Kathleen discovered she had breast cancer. Kathleen is on the left and I am on the right)