Friday, March 31, 2006

Arlene

The other night I was talking to my dear friend David Knauss and he told me about his aunt Arlene who has terminal breast cancer. Her last visit to the hospital was this week. She has now returned home for her final days.

Today I'd like to honour Arlene Sista and her family. She sounds like a real woman of the world extraordinaire. She adopted two children and enjoyed a lifetime with her husband and family. Her sense of adventure led them to living in the Cote d'Azur for three years. She was never a fish out of water. As they were always on the go, they were nicknamed, 'The Runners'.

Though I've not had the priveledge to meet Arlene personally, I know she has made the world a brighter place for David, their families and many others. The sunbeam shines more brightly in my living room from having heard her stories.

Join me in sending prayers to Arlene, David and their families. Wishing you peace, both within and around you.