Thursday, August 10, 2006

If the shoe fits, wear it and show it off!

I'd to take this opportunity to honour Diana Duah, our newly appointed in-house PR Officer. She's been with me from Day 1 - from the birth of the personal campaign. She is a colleague who has become a confidante and friend. She has bucket-loads of talent and I enjoy sitting back and learning a thing or two from her.

She shared something with me the other day about an exciting project she was commencing. I was WOW'd by her - it was the voice of a true leader. "Today I got my big break. I questioned whether or not I deserved it, all those questions ‘I don’t know what I’m doing,’ ‘I’m going to mess it up’ where rotating in my mind. Then it dawned on me this was not my lucky break. This was my time to execute the 6 months of preparation I had done. Once I accepted this, I realised everything is achievable and nothing is beyond my talents."

What moves me even more is that this is a voice of an 19 year old. Diana was one of my 'all star' students I taught 4 years ago at London College of Fashion. I ran into her again late last year and I was amazed at how she had grown into a dynamic young woman. She's studying Journalism at London College of Communication and is an excellant writer and go getter. I've celebrated with her every goal she's reached this year. With a high octane zest for life and making the most of every opportunity, she approached me for work experience. The rest is history.

It was clear that the B4B Dream Team had to include Diana. As she refers to Oscar Wilde, ‘The only thing worst then getting what you want is getting exactly what you wanted.’

What a lucky problem to have in Diana's case.


love and light. xp